In order to succeed in the ecommerce world – you need to know 3 very important things – the best products on the market to sell, the experience and skills to market them, and finally, the effort to succeed. If you don’t consider these essentials, you can’t expect to be successful and sell effectively online.
This New Year is the year of action which means that this is the year when you need to move and go all out. 2020 is the year to create new ads, test new products, and market new products. It is time to start using and implementing everything you have learned over the past year.
In order to start properly, we have compiled a list of 10 trending products to sell online 2020:
- Phone accessories – The phone accessory industry has been increasing for the last couple of years, and according to one research, by 2022 it should reach more than $100 billion in market cap. It includes everything, from screen protectors and phone cases to chargers, grips, repair kits, earphones, and etc. All these products are extremely popular.
- Shapewear – Another popular product you could sell online. The shapewear market is constantly growing and it is expected to skyrocket to more than $5.6 billion in sales. The shapewear industry offers women a variety of styles that can be worn as a top or under clothing.
- Eyelash serum – Fake eyelashes, as well as, eyelashes serum and eyelashes extensions have been performing pretty well and all because of the increased popularity of the beauty niche. Eyelashes serum is a product that helps eyelashes grow faster and longer.
- Minimalist watches – Did you know that more than 1.2 billion watches are sold each year around the world? This number just keeps on rising and today the minimalist watches are a huge trend. Women’s watches, men’s watches, and smartwatches are just a few or the watches you can sell online this year.
- Athleisure – As you probably know, in the fashion world, trends are constantly changing, but athleisure is one trend that is definitely here to stay. It is an activewear that can be worn every day and not for athletic purposes only. If you decide to sell athleisure, you can sell absolutely everything from leggings, headbands, sweatpants, sweatshirts, sports bras, shoes, tank tops, in countless styles and colors.
- Flame lamps – Flame lamps are selling much higher than ever before. So, if you are looking for a product that is quite popular on the market and keeps on getting more and more wanted, this is the one.
- Backpacks – Women’s bags, backpacks, men’s bags, tote bags, wallets, you name it. You can sell absolutely everything and be a successful seller as the purse and handbag business niche is currently worth $151 billion.
- Night masks – Night masks block the excess light so you can sleep better and more soundly. This is just one of the reasons why this product has been experienced popularity and increased sales online.
- Portable LED projectors – This industry is expected to be worth more than $3 billion by 2022. If you are interested in selling LED projectors you could sell handheld projectors, mini projectors, laser projectors, lighting effect projectors, and much more.
- Makeup brush cleaners – Makeup brush cleaners allow women to clean their brushes effectively. This is another great product to sell online 2020.
It is time to sell! Pick your favorite product, figure out how to market it properly, and take an action now! But first learn the main mistakes any seller should avoid in order to make a profit! So, Read on.
Mistakes to Avoid While Selling Online
If you are new to the world of online business, you probably want to know more about how to do it and, that too in a productive manner.
Setting-up an online business is probably the hair-raising time in any business owner’s professional life. Having your own online store is an excellent opportunity to make some online income and obtain financial freedom. But there are plenty of mistakes that you can enroll yourself into, especially when you are a beginner to online business along with lack of knowledge.
If you avoid these five mistakes in your online business, your success for this year would be a lot greater. Thus, to enhance your chances for success at starting an online business, try and avoid these common mistakes:
- Not Having a Plan of Attack- You don’t need to have a formal business plan. But you need to know who your customers are, what products you are selling, and what people are really paying for your products and services. Since, you can’t make happy everyone in online business so it’s best to identify your appealing products and services and then market them to your target audience. Through a business plan, you can better understand what your e-commerce store is all about. It will also help you to know about cash flow and how long it is going to last. The best things you can do are; plan a little and take a start so you will be able to get feedback and reaction. Don’t worry about making the perfect plan; get the customer’s feedback as soon as possible.
- Focusing Too Much on the Small Stuff –First and foremost, you need to get your business off the ground. Focus on tasks that will help you meet your sales goals. Being a newbie, you’d want to perform every low-rank task on your own. But, don’t get obsessed over menial tasks as it won’t do any good to your online business. On second thought, you can give responsibility of some of your fewer worthy tasks to someone else, so you can focus on important things of your online business.
- Spending Money to Make Money – There are so many entrepreneurs who know many ways on how to spend money. But there are still so many business owners who are not great at making money. Here, you need to stop trying to figure out ways to spend money. You don’t need money to make money. You need you and your hustle to get out there and start talking to customers or people. You don’t need any business cards and office, in fact, you don’t need anything. You need to invest your time only but don’t start investing your money until you are making some money.
- To Ignore Customer Service- It’s easy to forget that customers are people who are way more likely to return to your website, if they have a good experience. Despite the fact, you’re selling products online and don’t lay eyes on your customers eye-to-eye. But that doesn’t convey that you can ignore customer service. In fact, customer service has to be top-notch and better than in a retail store because your online store’s transactions reflect trust and the reputation of your store.
- Not Knowing Your Competitors – It’s very important to know your biggest competitors in order to have a successful online business. This, in further, depicts so many concerns. Such as, you could value yourself out of the business if your close-by competitor is selling a similar thing but at a cheaper price than you. Therefore, you must have information about your competitors like what they are doing and how well they are performing.
Knowing all this prior starting an online business will help you to great extent.
Other items that may be of interest to you:
Read More Articles
Deciding what to sell online is not easy, especially because there are so many things to sell, so many options, and business opportunities to use.